Friday, December 10, 2010

Wellness

It seems that over the past several years my definition of wellness has been slowly expanding.  First there was the birth of my children which changed how I looked at not only my wellness but also their wellness.  Then there was the news that I had chronic kidney disease which caused me to seek out alternative healing strategies to treat and prevent any further damage to my kidneys.  I am a health and wellness professional who is also a perpetual student always learning and expanding my knowledge on new and old health and wellness treatments, this is not only for my sake but also for the sake of my massage clients the more I learn the better I can facilitate them on their health and wellness journey, which at times can seem like the journey into the unknown. 

1 comment:

  1. Hello,

    You did a great job on this blog. Isn't it great that even though we get older there is always room for growth when it comes to health and wellness. In order for our society to be a healthy body we need to accept change and allow new ideas to come into our lives. I hope you were able to figure out treatment for your disease, remember surgery doesn't always have to be an answer. Also, congratulations on your child it is a wonderful experience and when they are born your focus definitely shifts to protecting them. So it is very important that we learn the meaning of wellness to provide them a healthy life. Keep up the great work on your blog.

    ReplyDelete