Thursday, December 30, 2010

Well being


My physical wellbeing would be about a 7, I say this because I do try to eat healthy and exercise daily, but there are those days that I just don’t.  For my spiritual well being I would have to say a 5, I really don’t try and stay in touch with the spiritual aspect of myself, but I do feel that I am connected to all that is greater than me and you.  As for my psychological well being I would have to rate this a 5 as well, I rate it this way because I, like everyone I am sure, has a day where everything that can cause me anxiety does, and there are often times where I just worry, worry, worry. 

My goals for my physical well being is to schedule myself for one hour to thirty minutes of exercise every day, I would also benefit from keeping a food diary to help me track my food intake, this will help me lose some weight.  As for my spiritual well being I think that just taking a few minutes to do one of the relaxation exercises that have presented to us in this class can help me become more aware of how I feel spiritually.  Lastly my psychological well being I would like to find ways to become less worried about things that I have no control over and also find better ways to cope with things that make me anxious. 

As I mentioned in the above performing one hour to thirty minutes of exercise daily will help me reach my weight loss goal as well as keeping a food diary.  For the spiritual aspect I will perform thirty minutes of deep relaxation sequences to bring me closer to my spiritual self.  And last but not least I will practice deep breathing and meditation to help me stop worrying so much and help me with my stress and anxiety. 

I must say that this exercise left me feeling rather groggy, although this could be because I have been shoveling and snow blowing snow for the past two days.  That aside this was actually a very relaxing activity, after I completed it I felt rather rested and relaxed.  I would have to say that this was a very beneficial exercise at the end of a very hectic day. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Nice job here. I wish I could feel as though I am a 7 in my physical. I think that I could be healthier, and that is why I rate myself lower. I am relatively healthy, good weight for my height but as I said I could do better. I am like you where I have those moments that I just worry worry worry, however for me they are not just moments they are a few days a week. Your goals are very reasonable and reasonable for me too. I think that if I were to do what you are planning to do I would also benefit. I like how you kept it simple a bit of time for exercise and relaxation. As for the food journal I think I eat ok so I don't think I need to do that plus I forget sometimes what I eat throughout the day. Honestly money is an issue there too. I have not found alot of healthy food being cheap so that is what makes that difficult for me. But if you have any suggestions that would be great.

    I still have to do the exercise. I attempted it twice but between my husband and the kids I couldn't do it. It takes me so long to quiet my mind that by the time I do that someone needs me or someone gets sick. That is how I spent Christmas with a sick little one. But I will get to it tonight hopefully. I could use it. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have some big goals it sounds like! But, the good news is that they are all interconnected. Once you start cleaning up your diet, you'll have an improved self esteem, more energy, and more clarity. Exercising will become easier and easier the more you do it, and you will almost without effort, begin to feel more spiritual. You can't seem to do one without the other very successfully. I'm glad to read that you're planning to take on all three! Good Luck! Keep us posted on your progress!

    ReplyDelete